For some people, finding a good VPN can be frustrating. That’s because many of the websites that recommend and “review” VPNs do not base their recommendations on testing results, but instead on questionable marketing claims.
Even worse, many of these websites are often paid to promote inferior and untrustworthy services. This may sound strange, but it’s quite common. Consequently, people waste time and money as they search for a safe and secure VPN service.
All of the VPN reviews on RestorePrivacy are based on extensive testing to see how well the VPN protects your privacy and security. Every VPN is tested for IP address leaks (both IPv4 and IPv6), DNS leaks, reliability, speed, and how well the features work. Other considerations include privacy jurisdiction, company policies, trustworthiness, and the track record (background) of the provider.
We have been personally using and testing VPN services for the past eight years, even before RestorePrivacy.com was started.
Is there a published review of every VPN that was tested?
The answer is no. Writing up a detailed VPN review is extremely time-intensive, which is why there aren’t too many reviews published here on RestorePrivacy. Here’s what takes up time:
- Purchasing, downloading, and setting up the VPN clients
- Testing the VPN on different operating systems
- Taking screenshots of the test results
- Compressing and resizing images to be used in the VPN review
- Writing the VPN review and describing the test results and findings (over 2,000 words)
- Responding to VPN companies when they have complaints, concerns, or feedback with my VPN reviews
- Responding to VPN users who have general questions
- Keeping the VPN review updated to reflect changes, such as with company policies, features, and VPN client updates
Over the past few years, doing all of the above with about a dozen VPN reviews has taken up lots of time, in addition to writing and updating other privacy guides for the site. However, our small team is expanding to cover more privacy topics, which also includes doing more VPN Reviews.
VPN reviews on RestorePrivacy
Here are all the VPNs we have reviewed on RestorePrivacy:
Perfect Privacy Review
Avast VPN Review
Hotspot Shield VPN Review
Norton VPN Review
Private Internet Access Review
HideMyAss HMA VPN Review
Opera VPN Review
Namecheap VPN Review
TunnelBear VPN Review
Mullvad VPN Review
AVG Secure VPN Review
Atlas VPN review
VPN review updates
Right now our focus is on updating old VPN reviews, rather than adding new reviews to our list of content. Updating old reviews with new information and test results is a time-intensive task, but we’re doing our best to keep all content updated and relevant.
This VPN reviews page was last updated on October 27, 2023.