Your online privacy and security resource center
Giving you the tools and information you need to restore your privacy, secure your devices, and stay safe online.
At this very moment you are being tracked, monitored, and recorded by various entities around the world. Private companies are gathering as much of your data as possible to hit you with targeted ads and influence your purchasing decisions (behavioral modification). Your data is likely being shared and sold to ad networks and data brokers without you even knowing about it. Spy agencies around the world are also bulk-collecting your private data for various purposes.
ISP Spying: Throughout most of the world, internet service providers (ISPs) are tracking and recording the browsing history of their customers. Your ISP can see every website you visit if you aren’t using a good VPN service. In the United States, Canada, Australia, the UK, and much of Europe, browsing data is collected automatically and passed on to various third parties. Since March of 2017, US internet providers can also collect and sell the private data of their users’ online habits.
Fortunately, there are effective solutions to these problems that you can begin implementing right now without too much effort. Explore the free resources and guides on this site to get started.
Popular guides and resources
Aside from the main resource guides at the top of this page, these are also popular.
- Google Alternatives – A complete guide of alternatives for all Google products
- Firefox Privacy – A complete how-to guide to customize Firefox for privacy and security
- Five Eyes, Nine Eyes, 14 Eyes – The surveillance alliances that are spying on you
- Browser Fingerprinting – The risks and solutions explained
- Tor – Is it a trustworthy and safe privacy tool?
- Privacy Tools – The complete list
- WebRTC Leaks – What this is and how to protect yourself
- Antivirus privacy – Is your antivirus spying on you?
- What is a VPN – Everything you’d want to know, explained in basic terms
- Best VPN Services – Our current top recommendations based on the latest test results
- Best VPN for Netflix – Which VPNs to use for streaming Netflix around the world
- VPN Tests – Tools and information to check whether your VPN is working correctly
- Best VPN for Torrenting – Use a VPN to protect yourself against copyright trolls
- Best VPN for China – A VPN is your ticket to online privacy and freedom in China
- Free VPN Services – Why they aren’t work the risks
- ProtonMail review – How does this popular email provider do in testing?
- Tutanota review – A secure email service out of Germany
- Mailfence review – A Belgium secure email provider
- Mailbox.org review – A fully-featured German email service
- Posteo review – Another privacy-friendly email from Germany
VPN reviews and comparisons
- ExpressVPN review – One of the top VPN services
- Perfect Privacy review – Maximum security from a Swiss VPN provider
- NordVPN review – A popular VPN, but not quite the best
- ProtonVPN review – A privacy-focused VPN in Switzerland
- ExpressVPN vs NordVPN – In-depth comparison of two big players
- NordVPN vs PIA – Both are popular, but only one is recommended
- OpenVPN vs IPSec vs WireGuard – A comparison of VPN protocols