Everybody who plays games on PC has heard of Steam – Valve’s popular online distribution service. It is used by millions of players every month for accessing and purchasing thousands of games. However, depending on your region, some of the games may be unavailable or more expensive. You might also find Steam unavailable while traveling, working, or on campus.
Solving these problems will require you to use a Steam VPN app. With it, you can easily access it from any location worldwide, and get past various restrictions. Even better, by changing the Steam region you can start playing games that would otherwise be unavailable and get better deals when buying new ones.
To reap all of the benefits, we recommend that you get a premium VPN app. However, not every service provides the best tools for the job. This guide ranks the best VPNs for stream, giving you the facts you need about performance, security features, and user experience, without the fluff. Here are the best VPNs for Steam:
- NordVPN – Top VPN for Steam with the fastest speeds, a large global network, and high-end security (get a discount with our 67% off coupon)
- Surfshark – Affordable no-logs Steam VPN that provides unlimited connections.
- ExpressVPN – Reliable and secure VPN for Steam with an intuitive interface.
- IPVanish – Fast Steam VPN alternative with airtight security features.
- PrivateVPN – A small but powerful VPN provider with many connections.
First, let’s see what is it that VPNs actually do.
How Steam with a VPN Works
A VPN will secure your data and provide you with privacy. This is mainly achieved through a process called encryption. Encryption will secure your outgoing traffic and make it unreadable to any third party trying to monitor your online behavior. In essence, this prevents your ISP, government, and hackers from tracking you.
Once your data is encrypted, it will be re-routed to a VPN server of your choice. As a result, you will also get a new IP address, which will allow you to change your region on Steam, unlock new games, and get better prices. Setting up a VPN for Steam is simple:
- Sign up for a premium VPN for Steam (we recommend using NordVPN).
- Download and install the app on any device that supports Steam.
- Launch, register, and log in to your VPN.
- Connect to any VPN server you want.
- Log in to your Steam account and enjoy all of the VPN benefits.
Note: Keep in mind that every VPN will have some impact on your base speed unless your ISP is actively slowing your connection. Depending on the quality of your VPN, you can expect between 10 to 30% speed reduction.
Why You Need a VPN for Steam
A Steam VPN is important, as it will allow you to get early access to new games and exclusive events that take place in other regions. And this is just the beginning…
- Buy Games on Discount – By changing your Steam region to Turkey or Argentina, you can purchase games at more affordable prices.
- Access Steam in School or Workplace – VPN can bypass network restrictions and let you use this gaming platform anytime, anywhere. And this feature isn’t just reserved for Steam either.
- Find Bot Lobbies – Popular online Steam games like Warzone can get too competitive for casual users. You can connect to a VPN server in a country with weaker players to get easier games, eliminating unnecessary frustration.
- Play Games Earlier – By connecting to a server in Australia or New Zealand, you can start playing the newest games as soon as they are released, giving you an edge.
- Prevent DDoS Attacks – Some players may use DDoS attacks to disrupt your traffic and sabotage you from winning a game. A premium VPN has many advanced features that will stop this from ever taking place.
- Gain Privacy and Anonymity – High-end VPNs use a combination of strict no-logs policy and obfuscation to hide you from your ISP. This way, nobody will monitor what you’re doing online.
- Prevent Speed Throttling – Your Internet service provider (ISP) is likely slowing down your connection when gaming on Steam, as this can use a lot of data. This can lead to high latency and ping, which can ultimately cost you a win in fast-paced shooters. By connecting to a VPN, your ISP won’t know how much data you spend, so your speed shouldn’t be affected.
Ranking and Testing Criteria for the Best VPNs for Steam
We focused on finding a service that can bypass workplace and school blocks and is able to easily switch Steam regions. Here’s a full list of our testing and ranking criteria:
- Top Speed and Performance – All VPNs mentioned use premium VPN protocols such as NordLynx or WireGuard, which provide the speed necessary to play games on Steam with no lag and low latency.
- Airtight Security and Privacy – Every provider offers military-grade AES 256 encryption to hide your outgoing data from third parties. They also follow a strict no-logs policy and have a powerful kill switch that will disable your connection in case something goes wrong.
- Global Server Network – A large number of servers in multiple locations will help you change regions and get early access to new games, unlock geo-restricted events, and buy titles at discounted prices. Every Steam VPN on this list provides obfuscation, so nobody will be aware that you are using them.
- Multiple Simultaneous Connections – We focused on VPNs that can hold as many simultaneous connections as possible. will help you protect your entire home network with only a single subscription.
- Strong Cross-Platform Support – An ideal Steam VPN will be available on every device that uses this platform, like PCs, smartphones, tablets, and Steam Deck.
- Unlocks Everything – Aside from letting you change your Steam region, every service can unblock censored or restricted websites and platforms from all around the world.
- User-Friendly Interface – All VPNs have an intuitive UI that can be easily mastered by casual users.
- Unlimited Bandwidth – These providers don’t limit your VPN use or slow down your connection.
- Affordable Price – All of the services we will mention are reasonably priced and also come with many advanced features.
Based on our test results and analysis, these are the 5 best VPNs for Steam.
1. NordVPN – Fastest and Most Secure VPN for Steam
If you’re looking for the absolute best Steam VPN, NordVPN is the right choice. It offers 6,000+ servers spread around 61 countries, giving you plenty of Steam regions to choose from. Some of these servers are also located in New Zealand and Australia, so you can start playing new games earlier than others.
NordVPN provides lightning-fast speed by utilizing its own NordLynx protocol. It is a variation of WireGuard that provides similar security and speed, and you can see the results in our NordVPN vs ExpressVPN comparison.
NordVPN doesn’t slack when it comes to security either. It uses AES 256 encryption to protect all your data from outside intrusion. It uses only RAM servers, so you can rest assured that none of your information is stored on its servers. This is also in line with NordVPN’s no-logs policy. To top it all off, there are numerous leak protection features and a strong VPN kill switch.
This VPN has been subjected to multiple independent audits by various cybersecurity firms. Cure53 tested NordVPN’s security and found it airtight, while Deloitte checked its adherence to the no-logs policy. The results were very favorable.
NordVPN Premium Tools
NordVPN is packed with advanced features that will further improve your online privacy and security.
- Double-VPN lets you reroute your data through two VPN servers instead of one for extra security. This will have a minor impact on your connection speed.
- Obfuscated servers will camouflage your outgoing traffic into HTTP to obscure the fact that you’re using NordVPN. Obfuscation will make you completely anonymous, which is particularly important if you are living in an oppressive country like China or Russia.
- Onion Over VPN servers combine Tor with NordVPN to give you the highest level of security yet available. We don’t recommend it for regular browsing, as it will significantly slow down your connection. However, it is perfect if you use your VPN for Dark Web.
- Threat Protection is a high-end VPN ad blocker that will stop phishing attacks and stop malware and trackers from infecting your device.
- Split Tunneling will allow you to manage what apps can connect to NordVPN. You can use it to prioritize using more bandwidth for gaming and improve your speed while playing Steam games.
- SmartPlay is a Smart DNS feature that lets you unblock restricted gaming content on gaming consoles, as they don’t provide direct VPN support. While useful, SmartPlay doesn’t use encryption.
- VPN Proxy is an extension for popular browsers that you can get for Firefox, Chrome, and Edge.
- Kill Switch is a fail-safe that will disable your connection to protect your identity if something goes wrong.
- Meshnet is a private network through which you can connect gaming devices directly, without going on the Internet. This is ideal if you want to set up LAN parties.
Excellent Support for Steam Devices
This VPN is available on all platforms that support Steam, including macOS, Windows, iOS, Android, and Linux. You can also set up NordVPN on your router to protect your consoles. Thanks to the previously mentioned Meshnet and SmartDNS features, it is easily one of the best VPNs for gaming available. We also rank it as the best VPN for Warzone.
NordVPN is one of the more affordable high-end services on the market. It offers 6 simultaneous connections, which should be enough to protect all of your Steam devices. NordVPN is also a free trial VPN with a 30-day refund policy, so you can get your money back if you are not impressed with its service. If you encounter any issues, just get in contact with its 24/7 live chat support team.
- User-friendly and reliable apps
- Double-VPN and Tor-over-VPN servers
- Passed numerous 3rd-party audits
- Strong encryption standards with full support for WireGuard
- Works with Netflix and many streaming sites
- Threat Protection feature to block ads, trackers, and malware
- Professional 24/7 live chat support
- Consistently fast speeds
- Dedicated RAM-servers with 10 Gbps bandwidth channels
- Big discounts only available with 2-year plans
2. Surfshark – Budget Steam VPN with Unlimited Connections
Surfshark is a perfect Steam VPN for gamers on a strict budget. It has a network of 3,200+ servers in 100 countries, so you will be able to connect to many locations around the world.
Another excellent news for gamers is that Surfshark supports multiple VPN protocols. This includes OpenVPN, IKEv2, and WireGuard – one of the fastest protocols you can find. We did a direct speed test comparison between NordVPN and Surfshark and found that their performance was almost identical.
Now, let’s talk about the security. This is a no-logs VPN that operates exclusively on RAM servers, which means that your privacy is at a very high level. It uses AES 256-bit encryption to secure your outgoing data and make it unreadable to outsiders.
Surfshark also has WebRTC, DNS, and IP leak protection in place to prevent your real identity from ending up online. If something goes wrong, its kill switch will terminate your connection in order to protect you. We see the same kill switch feature with CyberGhost and NordVPN.
This VPN went through a number of independent audits, including a crucial pentest from Cure53. The final results were impressive and concluded that both Surfshark’s app and browser extension have airtight security.
Another thing that makes this service unique is its complete transparency toward users. Surfshark’s warrant canary is frequently updated to show how many times they had to disclose personal sensitive data. So far, this number is at 0.
Surfshark Advanced Features
- Surfshark One is an additional bundle you can buy that provides you with a search engine, data leak alert, and antivirus.
- No Borders allows you to use this VPN even on restricted networks.
- Nexus technology will rotate your IP from time to time without disconnecting you to strengthen your privacy.
- Clean Web is a security tool that blocks pop-ups, trackers, and intrusive ads. It will also eliminate any malware it encounters.
- VPN Proxy is a high-end browser extension with WebRTC protection available for Chrome, Firefox, and Brave.
- Dynamic Multi-Hop serves as an advanced double-VPN feature that lets you customize both server connections.
- Split Tunneling
- Smart DNS
- Kill Switch
- Obfuscated servers
Surfshark has excellent cross-platform support and is available on every device that can run Steam. Gaming consoles are also supported either via Smart DNS or router installation. Aside from using Surfshark to play games and get better Steam deals, you can also use it to unlock streaming platforms and geo-restricted websites.
Since Surfshark offers unlimited simultaneous connections, it’s a great VPN for multiple devices. And like NordVPN and ProtonVPN, Surfshark comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee to test the app without any commitment. You can also contact its customer service 24/7 via live chat if you need any assistance.
- Unlimited connections
- User-friendly apps for all devices and operating systems
- CleanWeb feature to block ads, trackers, and malware
- Works great with Netflix and many other streaming services
- 24/7 live chat support
- Strong encryption and security features (audited)
- Limited support for VPN routers
- Above average monthly prices
Our Surfshark review offers more information and some interesting comparisons.
3. ExpressVPN – Secure Provider for Gaming on Steam
ExpressVPN is another reliable provider that’s ideal for Steam gaming. It offers a network of 3,000+ servers in 105 countries, giving you plenty of locations that you can use to get more benefits from this popular platform. This large network is on par with Surfshark and CyberGhost.
ExpressVPN decided to develop its own unique protocol called Lightway. While its speed and performance are superior to OpenVPN, it is still behind both WireGuard and NordLynx. In practice, you will get only half the speed that Surfshark and NordVPN offer.
Things are more promising when we talk about security. ExpressVPN is a no-logs VPN that uses only RAM servers powered by TrustedServer to protect user privacy. It also uses AES 256 encryption, which makes it highly unlikely for your data to be intercepted and read by a third party.
This VPN went through dozens of independent audits and is among the most-tested VPNs on the market. Recently, Cure53 did a pentest on its Lighway protocol, which concluded with very impressive results.
ExpressVPN Premium Features
- Device Groups allow you to connect every device to a different VPN server at the same time.
- VPN Proxy
- Split Tunneling
- Kill Switch (Network Lock)
- Smart DNS (Media Streamer)
- Threat Manager
- IPv6 Leak Protection
As expected, ExpressVPN is available on every platform that supports Steam: Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android. By installing it on your router, or purchasing their Aircove model, you can also protect gaming consoles like Steam Deck. In fact, it is one of the best VPNs for Xbox.
You can potentially use this VPN to protect all of your devices, as it lets you hold 6 simultaneous connections. If you have problems with changing your Steam region, you can always get in touch with its customer support 24/7 via live chat. ExpressVPN also has a 30-day refund policy, so you can get your money back if it doesn’t work for you.
- User-friendly and secure apps
- Split tunneling feature (for macOS, Windows, and routers)
- Works with Netflix and most streaming services
- 24/7 live chat support
- Passed independent third-party audits for security and no-logs
- Very large server network
- Above average prices
- Fewer features than other leading VPNs
For a fuller picture, check out our ExpressVPN review.
4. IPVanish – Blazing Fast Steam VPN
IPVanish is one of the fastest Steam VPNs you can find. It provides 2,000+ servers in over 50+ countries around the world. However, we were a bit reserved about it, since it is based in the United States. This is a problematic jurisdiction from a privacy standpoint as it is a member of the 5-Eyes Alliance, but IPVanish is also a no-logs audited VPN service, so we feel safe recommending it.
IPVanish supports four VPN protocols: IKEv2, IPSec, OpenVPN, and WireGuard. With them, it offers one of the fastest speeds available. In our speed tests, we managed to reach nearly 830 Mbps, so gaming with Steam won’t be a challenge. Despite its impressive speed, our IPVanish vs NordVPN comparison showed that it still has some work to do to become the best VPN for Steam.
The privacy aspect is also solid since we’re talking about a budget no-logs VPN. For outside protection, IPVanish uses a combination of AES 256 encryption, leak protection, and a kill switch. Obfuscated servers are available by activating the Scramble feature, but only when using OpenVPN. This is all great for a secure Steam VPN that protects your privacy.
IPVanish Advanced Tools
- SOCKS5 Proxy lets you further improve your speed if you are willing to sacrifice encryption.
- Kill Switch
- Split Tunneling
- Obfuscated Servers
- DNS and IPv6 Leak Protection
IPVanish app is compatible with all modern devices that use Steam. This includes routers, and you can even get a pre-configured router if your model doesn’t support VPNs. Since this VPN can hold unlimited simultaneous connections you can protect as many devices as you like.
As it’s custom with all premium Steam VPNs, IPVanish also provides 24/7 live chat customer service. Thanks to its 30-day refund policy, you can try it out with no strings attached.
- Strong security features, multiple VPN protocols, and a kill switch
Extremely fast and reliable connection speeds
Wide range of reliable apps
Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Audited, no-logs policy
Ability to unblock popular streaming services like Netflix, Disney+, and BBC iPlayer
- No cryptocurrency payment options
- Based in the United States
Our comprehensive IPVanish review covers every aspect of the service in great detail.
5. PrivateVPN – An Affordable Steam Gaming VPN
PrivateVPN is a promising small VPN service from Sweden. While it offers only 200+ servers, they are located in 63 countries around the world. This VPN supports five protocols: OpenVPN, L2TP/IPsec, PPTP, IKEv2, and WireGuard.
Overall, VPN provides reliable performance and speed, although it is not among the fastest VPNs we have used. Still, it should be enough for gaming on Steam, unless you go into highly competitive matches where every millisecond counts.
PrivateVPN uses 2048-bit AES-256 encryption which will, in combination with multiple advanced protocols, keep you very safe. While this is a solid no-logs VPN, you should keep in mind that it is located in Sweden.
As discussed in our Mullvad review, Sweden is not an ideal jurisdiction, as it is a part of the 14-Eyes alliance that has mandatory data retention laws in place. While they currently apply only to Internet service providers (ISPs), it might affect VPNs in the future. As of yet, PrivateVPN hasn’t been the subject of any independent audits, which is another thing that keeps us cautious.
PrivateVPN Security Features
- Kill Switch
- Stealth VPN
- DNS & IPv6 Leak Protection
- Port Forwarding
- Smart DNS
- SOCKS5 Proxy
PrivateVPN can hold 10 simultaneous connections, making it easy to protect all of your Steam devices with a single subscription. Speaking of which, its app is available on all Steam platforms, including macOS, Linux, Windows, Android, iOS, and routers.
In case you get stuck, responsive customer support is available 24/7 and you can contact it through live chat. This VPN also has a 30-day refund guarantee, so you can get your money back if it doesn’t work out for you.
- Strong privacy and security features
- Dedicated apps for Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS
- No IP address or DNS leaks detected
- No Logs
- Accepts private payments
- Smaller server network
- Limited support for routers
- Inconsistent speeds
Find out additional info by checking out our full PrivateVPN review.
Tips to Improve Gaming with a Steam VPN
Installing a VPN is just the first step to achieving the most optimized experience when using a VPN for Steam. You will also need to follow these tips:
- Connect to Close Servers – If you want an ideal connection, you should use a VPN server located in a nearby country. Connecting to a remote server on the other side of the world will lead to slower speed which may cause lagging. Once connected, remember to do a speed test to ensure that your connection is perfect.
- Enable All the Security Features – It’s possible to fall victim to a DDoS attack while playing Steam games, so make sure to enable kill switch and split tunneling, and use the safest protocols you can find.
- Update Your VPN – While this is sometimes inconvenient, a new update can further improve your connection or patch weak points in security. We highly recommend always using the latest version of your Steam VPN app.
- Use Advanced Protocols – WireGuard and NordLynx will provide you with solid security, fast speeds, and instant server connection. This will improve your ping and latency, giving you an edge while playing games on Steam.
- Don’t Use Obfuscated Servers – While these servers provide you with privacy, they are a lot slower than regular VPN servers. Gamers should only use them if they are living in oppressive countries like Russia or China.
- Close all Non-essential Apps – Some apps, such as BitTorrent, can use a lot of bandwidth
and slow down your speed, which may ruin your gaming experience.
These same tips also apply if you are using a VPN for Modern Warfare 3 (MW3).
How to Speed Test VPN for Steam
If you’re in the middle of testing multiple VPN services, you’ll want an easy and reliable way to compare their performance. You can do this by performing speed tests, like this:
- Do a speed test on your regular connection to determine your base speed.
- Turn on your VPN and connect to any server.
- Do another speed test.
- Compare your results to see how much this VPN affects your connection.
Note: A single result is not indicative of a VPN’s speed, so you should do this test on multiple servers. Try to prioritize close servers, as they will give you better performance.
Maximizing Connection Speed and Reliability
So, what measures can ensure that your VPN connection remains fast and dependable for your Steam gaming sessions? There are a few factors that can impact your speed, such as…
The physical distance between you and the VPN server
The quality and amount of users using your server
Type of VPN protocol you use
Your internet provider’s speed
As previously mentioned, focus on using VPN servers that are closer to your physical location for a better experience. When it comes to VPN protocols, WireGuard and NordLynx will provide you with the fastest connection, although they are a bit less secure.
How to Get Better Deals on Steam Games
Besides using a Steam VPN to improve your gaming, you can also switch regions and get lower prices on Steams Marketplace. To get the best deals, you’ll want to connect to a VPN server in Turkey and transfer your funds by purchasing a Steams gift card. Here are all the necessary steps:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN for Steam
- Create a new Steam Account
- Exit from the Steam app
- Visit G2A to purchase a Turkey Steam gift card
Since you purchase these cards from third-party sellers, make sure that they have excellent ratings.
- Click Show Steam Key and Copy the code
- Turn on your VPN and connect to a server in Turkey
- Open your Steam app
- Choose a game you wish to purchase and select Add to Cart
- Change country to Turkey
- Convert Steam store and wallet
- Click on your user name and open your wallet
- Click on “Redeem a Steam Gift Card or Wallet Code”
13. Paste your gift card code
14. Purchase Steam games at a discounted price!
Note: Make sure to register for a new Steam account. This way, if you get banned, you won’t lose access to the games that you have previously bought.
Keeping Your Steam Account Secure
Using a VPN for Steam isn’t without its risks. While it’s tempting to use a VPN to take advantage of better prices or availability in foreign markets, it’s important to be aware of the potential consequences. For instance, using a VPN to cheat, access games that are banned in your region, or alter your region to purchase games at lower prices can lead to your account being banned.
Steam’s Subscriber Agreement gives Valve the authority to terminate accounts that use VPNs, particularly for purchasing games at discounted prices in different regions. However, it’s worth noting that the agreement doesn’t explicitly prohibit playing games while using a VPN.
To avoid risking your account, it’s important to use a VPN responsibly. Avoid being connected to a VPN when making purchases to prevent potential price exploitation. Also, primarily use the VPN for privacy and protection while playing games.
If you do this, the risk of getting banned with a top Steam VPN is negligible. Things are much different if you want to use a free service.
The Drawbacks of Free VPNs for Steam
The saying “you get what you pay for” applies to VPNs as well. Unfortunately, free VPNs often have significant limitations that will make you think twice about using them. Here’s a full list of things we find problematic.
1. Bandwidth Limits
A vast majority of free VPNs have low monthly bandwidth limits, which usually fall around 1 to 2 GB. This makes them unsuitable for Steam, as you can spend your whole monthly “allowance” in a few gaming sessions. Once you reach the limit, you will need to wait for a full month until you can use it again, which is very frustrating.
While free VPNs may seem appealing due to their zero-cost feature, the potential drawbacks make them a less desirable choice for Steam gaming. It’s generally recommended to opt for a reliable, paid VPN service to ensure a secure and seamless gaming experience.
2. Fewer Servers
While premium Steam VPNs offer thousands of servers in many countries around the world, free services don’t have this luxury. Since server maintenance is expensive, their network is far more limited and can easily get overcrowded. At best, this will result in a slower connection, but it’s also possible that you experience constant crashes.
3. Inefficient at Bypassing Geo-Blocks
Popular platforms use algorithms to detect suspicious traffic and block VPN usage. Since free VPNs don’t have premium unblocking capabilities, it’s likely that at least some of them won’t be able to change your Steam location. Even if they can, Steam might notice that you are doing this in the future, which can get you banned from the website.
4. Average VPN Protocols
Free services usually use outdated protocols like PPTP or L2TP/IPSec. While they’re not terrible, these protocols certainly can’t compare to WireGuard on NordLynx in terms of speed, security, and reliability.
5. Privacy and Security Risks
Unfortunately, a majority of free VPNs actually present a security risk. This was never more obvious than in a study conducted on 270+ free Android VPN services. It was shown that:
- At least 30% of free VPNs were infected with malware
- 80% of services had weak or nonexistent encryption
- 75% of free VPNs used trackers to follow their users
As the results show, a majority of free mobile VPNs simply do more harm than good. While we don’t have the exact numbers, the situation is likely similar, or perhaps even worse, on other platforms.
Today, free VPNs are essentially used to collect and sell user data to advertisement agencies. This is in total contradiction to what a real VPN should do! Even if your freebie doesn’t contain malware, hackers could still exploit its weak points, which can lead to identity theft.
It is much better to subscribe to a premium VPN. It will provide you with better performance, faster speeds, tighter security, and many advanced features that are usually lacking, such as a kill switch and split tunneling.
If you still want to use a free VPN for Steam, it is best to get one of these 7 free VPNs. These apps will function as intended and are better than nothing.
Other Ways to Use a Steam VPN
Remember, VPNs can be used not just for Steam games, but for improving your gaming in general. So you can subscribe to a service to change regions in Pokemon Go and catch exotic Pokemon. Steam VPNs are equally useful for accessing streaming platforms, so you subscribe to a VPN to unblock Netflix or Hulu.
You can also check out our guide on VPNs for Call of Duty, which covers other great VPN gaming tips.
To sum it all up, here are some key points to consider when choosing the best VPN for Steam.
- Look for a VPN with fast speeds, advanced security features like encryption and a no-logs policy, and a vast server network.
- This VPN should easily bypass Steam’s geo-restrictions, letting you access exclusive gaming events, play new games early, and buy titles at a discounted price.
- Risks associated with using a VPN include potential account bans for violating Steam’s ToS by altering region for purchases. Responsible use for privacy and security purposes is generally safe.
We highly recommend using NordVPN, as it is the best Steam VPN. If you need a solid alternative, consider Surfshark, ExpressVPN, and IPVanish. Each of them possesses unique features and other advantages that might satisfy your needs.
Now, all that’s left for you to do is subscribe to an ideal VPN provider and start gaming on Steam!
- Best VPN Services Overall
- Best VPN for Android
- Best VPN for iPhone & iOS
- Best VPN for Windows
- Best VPN for Linux
- VPN for Warzone
Frequently Asked Questions
Can VPNs trick Steam?
Yes, a premium VPN can trick Steam and bypass its restrictions, unlocking access to geo-restricted games and better prices.
Are VPNs allowed on Steam?
Using a VPN to access Steam is against Steam’s terms of service and can result in a ban or suspension of your account, as it violates their policy against circumventing geo-restrictions or accessing content not intended for your region.
Does NordVPN allow you to change Steam location?
Yes, NordVPN allows you to change your Steam location and access restricted games or in-game content. For this purpose, we recommend that you use a reliable and fast VPN like NordVPN.
What are the benefits of using a VPN for Steam?
Using a VPN for Steam will let you get early access to new titles, buy games at discounted prices by changing your Steam region, and protect yourself from DDoS attacks. You’ll also be able to join bot lobbies in popular games like Warzone and access exclusive gaming events.
What are the risks of using a VPN for Steam?
Using a VPN for Steam might get you banned if you use it for cheating, accessing region-restricted games, or changing your location to buy games at lower prices. You should be very cautious to avoid these consequences.
Our guide on the Best VPNs for Steam was last edited on January 16, 2024.